Register/Login to Access All Forums
Donate
Tech-Tools.me needs donations to stay online!
Love Tech-Tools.me? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
Find & share all links to good tutorials in this forum.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 ISO image
Step 2: If you are installing on a regular PC, Burn it to an optical disk or create a bootable USB flash drive. Otherwise, just attach the ISO image using the virtual machine software of your choice.
Step 3: Install it mostly by clicking the Next button.

For posterity, here are all of the installation steps, although you could just remember the word “Next” and get through it fine.

When you first boot the computer you’ll see a screen like this one:

Click Next and you’ll be taken to the Install now button screen. Which obviously you should click.

At this point you can choose whether you want to upgrade Windows or install a new custom install. Since we’re recommending that everybody install into a virtual machine or on a test PC, you should select Custom here.

At this point you’ll need to pick where to install Windows 10. You might need to delete or create a partition, but if you are using a virtual machine, you can just click Next.

And now it will install.

Once the PC reboots again, you’ll be able to select the settings like whether Windows Updates are enabled (they aren’t allowed to be disabled in the preview). We’d recommend just using the express settings.

And now you can sign into your Microsoft account. We’d recommend using a Microsoft account because otherwise you won’t be able to use half of the new features and you may as well use Linux or stick with Windows 7.

f you’ve setup your account properly you’ll probably be asked to verify it in the middle. We excluded those steps from this article, but they are pretty simple.

Now you’ll be asked how to setup the PC. Since we wanted to test everything as a new computer, we chose to set it up as a new PC instead, but you could copy all your settings from another computer if you wanted to.

Want to use OneDrive? It’s nicely integrated into Windows, so we just left it alone.

And now a colorful screen that tells us things are happening.

Thats all! :aplause:
Hi i have a question. on win 7 some of my apps required me to edit my host file to block them from internet.now iv upgraded to win 10 will i have to edit the host file again ? sorry if iv posted this question in the wrong place im a noob but eager to learn, thanx gman64
GREGORY M SANGA wrote:Hi i faced a problem installing this new windows 10 i downloaded . 1st it is 32 bit and not 64 bit then its not preactivated as the instructions says pls help me out. thanx Greg
Hi,

This is x68 (x32bit) only.
I downloaded this copy as a 64bit but as long as the others discovered that it is 32 bit I shall not install it in my machine because 90% of the programs that I use require 64 bit .I think we deserve explanation how this error happened .
You can download Win10 media that has both x86 and x64 installs, but for some reason the Media Creation Tool does not let you have combined media. I got mine from my Office 365 site, as I am an Enterprise subscriber. But really, you can just download both media and have sitting in seperate subfolders or as flat ISO files on your USB key or storage.

Ive just used this tutorial to upload a picture to[…]

one more thing i made bootable flash once and it w[…]

happens to me too.I haven't used it for approx 6 m[…]